Most of what I've been reading this week has been about the riots. Potential trigger warning for violence on all of these. Normal links post back next week, probably.
- Ms Afropolitan at Black Feminists: Riot, rage and rebellion
- Paul Raven at Futurismic: This is London (map)
- Reni Eddo-Lodge at the Guardian: Twitter didn't fuel the Tottenham riot
- Ponticelli and Voth: Austerity and anarchy: budget cuts and social unrest in europe, 1919-2009 (dense academic paper: see the graph on page 3 and the conclusions page 25/26 for a quick summary)
- Charmaine Elliott at Black Feminists: I loot, therefore I am
- Polly at Too much to say for myself: White Riot
- Joseph Harker at the Guardian: For black Britons, this is not the 80s revisited. It's worse